The following information was posted on the ETFO Collective Bargaining website on November 7, 2016.
ETFO’s Surveying Process to Develop Central Bargaining Goals
Member input has long been a critical part of ETFO’s provincial and central goal-setting process.
To encourage early member engagement in the upcoming round of central collective bargaining and ensure every member can have their say about ETFO’s 2017 central bargaining goals, ETFO has developed an enhanced member surveying method. It includes:
- November 7-17, 2016: An online ETFO 2017 Central Bargaining Goals Survey. On November 7, 2016, the survey link will be forwarded to ETFO members subscribed to ETFO’s Collective Bargaining (CB) eNewsletter. The survey link will be accessible to members over a ten-day period. All ETFO members are encouraged to complete the online survey.
- November 10-17, 2016: Some members will receive an email invitation from Stratcom to participate in a fifteen minute random sample telephone survey about 2017 central bargaining goals. About 1,000 members will be surveyed. The surveyed group will be as representative as possible of our membership’s demographics.
- November 15-22, 2016: Members who volunteered will participate in one of ten bargaining priorities focus groups in London, Ottawa, Sudbury, and Toronto.
Making ETFO Members Aware of the Surveying Process
ETFO wants every member to be aware of, and actively participate in, the surveying process. To remind and encourage members:
- On October 25, 2016 a Collective Bargaining eNewsletter will be emailed advising members about the upcoming surveying process and recruiting focus group members;
- On November 7, 2016 ETFO members will be receiving a link to the online surveying by email. The survey will be active until November 17 (inclusive);
- On the evening of November 7, 2016 ETFO members will receive a voicemail message from ETFO President Sam Hammond asking them to participate in the online survey;
- Throughout the online surveying process (November 7-17), members will be receiving email reminders to complete the survey.
Didn’t Get the Online Survey Link?
Members can participate in the online survey process, even if they didn’t receive a link to the survey on November 7, 2016. Use the Contact Us feature on the ETFO Collective Bargaining website to request a survey link by ETFO Collective Bargaining Communications. The link will be emailed to you within 24 hours.