ETT joins with the LGBTQI community, labour and social justice organizations, and people of all cultures and backgrounds in celebrating Pride Month.
The 3rd annual Toronto Pride Month began Friday, June 1, 2018, and features 24 days of activities and events, culminating in a weekend festival running from Friday, June 22, 2018 to Sunday, June 24, 2018, in which ETT and ETFO will be participating.
ETT members are also invited to volunteer at the ETFO booth in the Pride Toronto StreetFair and to join ETFO participants in the Pride Parade on Sunday, June 24, 2018.
Continuing with tradition and in support of the LGBTQI community, all ETT media (logos, social media accounts, enewsletters, etc.) has been revamped with Pride theming for the duration of Pride Month.
Pride is an important recognition of our diversity and inclusivity. All ETT members are encouraged to take part in ETT and ETFO Pride events and to make celebrating Pride a part of their classroom.
Join ETT and ETFO in Celebrating Diversity with Toronto Pride Events
- Nuit Rose Light Parade on Saturday, June 16 2018 (Wear or carry a light-emitting object and join attendees at Alexander Street Parkette at 8:00 p.m.)
- Trans March on Friday, June 22, 2018 (Before the march the ETT LGBTQI Committee will be hosting a social event at the Bishop and the Belcher starting at 5:00 p.m. Registration required.)
- Dyke March on Saturday, June 23, 2018 (Before the march the ETT Status of Women and LGBTQI committees will be hosting a social event at the Firkin on Bloor, starting at 12:30 p.m. Registration required.)
- Help host the ETFO booth at the Pride Toronto StreetFair on Saturday, June 23 and/or Sunday, June 24, 2018
- March in the ETFO contingent in the Toronto Pride Parade on Sunday, June 24, 2018.
Members interested in taking part in ETFO events are asked to contact Jill Aoki-Barrett (firstname.lastname@example.org).