The ETFO 2017 Annual Meeting, held this year at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel from August 14-17, 2017, is an important exercise in grass-roots democracy within our union. All locals affiliated with ETFO send voting Delegates to this provincial meeting.
How are ETT Delegates chosen? How can I become a Delegate?
This year, ETT has been allotted 87 Delegate positions and 15 Alternate positions. Any Active ETT Member in good standing—a full-time or part-time TDSB elementary teacher (including teachers on leaves)—may self-nominate for election to the position of Delegate following the process outlined in the ETT Constitution.
Please note: All Delegates and Alternates must be present during all business sessions. Failure to attend may result in removal from the delegation for the duration of the Annual Meeting.
Members must self-nominate according to the following categories.
- Executive Officer or Regional Councillor
- New Teacher (teacher for five years or less)
- Involved Member (Union Steward, Alternate Union Steward, ETT Committee Member and/or Representative, or ETFO Committee Member and/or Representative)
- Active Member (not currently serving in other roles within the Federation; currently employed by the TDSB as an elementary teacher)
All other nominees should select from the categories of either Involved Member or Active Member.
ETT incurs the hotel costs for Delegates and Alternates. Each hotel room will be occupied by two Delegates. ETFO provides on-site childcare during the Annual Meeting sessions.
What do Delegates do?
- Attend training meetings
- Discuss and vote on the priorities of the organization.
- Elect the provincial Executive.
- Approve the ETFO budget and fees.
- Amend the ETFO Constitution.
- Fulfill a variety of other responsibilities necessary to the operation of ETFO.
- Meet colleagues and have fun! Each of the three nights will feature a variety of activities for members to partake.
2017 is an election year for the members of the Provincial Executive. Be a part of the election process and help shape the direction of your provincial federation!
Please complete the online nomination form by no later than Thursday, January 12, 2017, 4:00 p.m.
Registrants that have properly completed and submitted the online registration form will receive an email confirmation at the address provided.
For further information please contact Felicia Samuel, Executive Liaison, Elections Committee, by phone at 416-393-9930 ext. 222 or by email at email@example.com.
Download the flyer [PDF]
123 Queen Street West