The ETFO 2018 Annual Meeting, held this year at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel from August 13-16, 2018, is an important exercise in grass-roots democracy within our union. All locals affiliated with ETFO send voting Delegates to this provincial meeting.
How are ETT Delegates chosen? How can I become a Delegate?
This year, ETT has been allotted 87 Delegate positions and 15 Alternate positions. Any Active ETT Member in good standing—a full-time or part-time TDSB elementary teacher (including teachers on leaves)—may self-nominate for election to the position of Delegate following the process outlined in the ETT Constitution.
Delegates will be announced at the ETT General Meeting on January 18, 2018.
Please note: All Delegates and Alternates must be present during all business sessions.
Members must self-nominate according to the following categories.
- Executive Officer or Regional Councillor
- New Teacher (teacher for five years or less)
- Involved Member (Union Steward, Alternate Union Steward, ETT Committee Member and/or Representative, or ETFO Committee Member and/or Representative)
- Active Member (not currently serving in other roles within the Federation; currently employed by the TDSB as an elementary teacher)
All other nominees should select from the categories of either Involved Member or Active Member.
ETT incurs the hotel costs for Delegates and Alternates. Each hotel room will be occupied by two Delegates. ETFO provides on-site childcare during the Annual Meeting sessions.
What do Delegates do?
- Attend training meetings (spring date TBD)
- Discuss and vote on the priorities of the organization.
- Approve the ETFO budget and fees.
- Amend the ETFO Constitution.
- Fulfill a variety of other responsibilities necessary to the operation of ETFO.
- Meet colleagues and have fun! Each evening will feature a variety of activities for members.
Registrants that have properly completed and submitted the online registration form will receive an email confirmation at the address provided.
Executive Liaison, Elections Committee
416-393-9930 ext. 222
Download the flyer [PDF]
123 Queen Street West
Directions by TTC
The closest TTC station is Osgoode Station. Exit the station and walk one block east along Queen Street West. The Sheraton Toronto is on the south side of Queen Street West.
Directions by Car
The Sheraton Toronto is located on Queen Street West, just east of University Avenue. Parking is available at nearby pay parking lots.