Attention FSL Teachers: We Need You!
We need to hear from all French as a Second Language teachers (Core, Extended, and Immersion) to determine the current state of FSL programming in our Board.
- What’s working?
- What resources are needed?
- What are the challenges for FSL teachers in the various programs?
With the information collected we will be able to advance our goals with the provincial government, ETFO/ETT, and the TDSB to improve working conditions for FSL teachers.
Host an outreach meeting at your school!
- FSL teachers in the various programs to host a meeting in their school from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. (no permit needed).
- Access to a projector, Internet, computer, and projector screen.
- Choice of a program specific meeting (i.e. French Immersions teachers only), or open to all FSL teachers.
ETT Will Provide
- Promotion of meeting through ETT Weekly and on the ETT website (with adequate notice).
- Facilitators for the meeting.
In 2010, the ETT French as Second Language (FSL) Committee was created. The goals of the committee were to:
- address the needs and challenges of members teaching French as a Second Language (access to and availability of resources, etc.);
- specifically evaluate and report on the challenges faced by members teaching French as a Second Language when French resources are not available to implement new programs and initiatives (work load expectations, translation of English documents);
- advise and make recommendations to the ETT Executive on strategies which raise awareness and sensitize ETT and its membership about French as a Second Language (FSL) issues and French Language services.
For information or to organize a meeting in your school, please contact:
Executive Liaison, FSL/FLS Committee
416-393-9930 ext. 222