Teaching is my profession and calling, and advocacy is my passion. As the daughter of political activists and a teacher for 20 years in Jamaica, justice, fairness, equity and inclusion naturally became the bedrock of my approach to life. Over the past ten years as a special education and classroom teacher, I have seen our abilities to do an effective job as educators greatly reduced by demanding workloads. Having experienced allegations firsthand, I know the support members need and the importance of strong representation. I am committed to using my advocacy skills, passion for equity and justice to ensure that we have the working conditions that we deserve and require to build better schools.
- Regional Councillor
- ETT organizer
- Alternate and School Steward
- PD (Chair of sub-committee Federation Day 2017)
- Collective Bargaining
- Cap Junior & Intermediate class sizes– improve on inequity and excessive workload
- Work to eliminate violence in the classroom
- Teacher Allegation – empowering and equipping members on PRS policies and procedures on how to navigate the challenging system
My Mission & Character:
M-mobilizer, A-advocate, R-reliable, C—collaborator, I-integrity, A- ally
So vote MARCIA!
Download Flyer [PDF]