As an Executive Officer position, I returned all forms of communication (phone call, emails and text messages) within 48 hours. I also was in the schools informing the teachers about what was happening in the union and helping to solve concerns. I highlighted ETT and negotiation information, meetings, ETT workshops and events, ETFO conferences, and of course answered questions related to the Collective Agreement, Board Policy, Education Act, and Ontario College of Teachers Regulations.
- a mediator;
- an active listener;
- a proactive problem solver;
- an understanding of what is currently happening in the classrooms;
- work diligently on your behalf;
- respond to the members’ inquiries as quickly as possible.
- workshop presenter (ETT and ETFO);
- committee member (Awards, Committee for Community Outreach, New Teachers, Political Action, Regional Councillor and Social);
- ETFO annual meeting delegate;
- Executive Officer and Committee Liaison
- Surplus and Transfer team
You will be informed to make the best decision for yourself and your career.
Elect Roz Geridis and I will be there to support you.
Download the Flyer [PDF]