In accordance with the ETT Constitution, the ETT Executive is seeking applications to fill Regional Council vacancies in Wards 3 and 17.
As liaisons between the Executive, site stewards, and the membership, ETT’s Regional Councillors serve an integral and influential organizational role.
Take an active role in your union: apply to become a Regional Councillor in Ward 3 or 17.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact John Smith, ETT President, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-393-9930 ext. 227.
Any ETT member in good standing employed in either Ward 3 or 17 may apply for the respective vacant Regional Councillor position.
* The TDSB is in the process of changing their boundaries. Due to these changes, the ETT Executive has made the decision to divide schools based on TDSB Wards.
Duties of the Regional Councillors:
- To hold three (3) meetings with Union Stewards in their TDSB Ward, in cooperation with their Executive Officer;
- To regularly share information from the Regional Council meetings with the Union Stewards and assist with cultivating stewards’ Ward engagement;
- To attend and assist the Executive in organizing events such as Steward Training, ratification votes, preliminary submission votes, participate on task forces and other Executive initiatives;
- Shall comply with the duties and responsibilities as outlined for the role of Regional Councillor at the ETFO Annual Meeting;
- To regularly attend Regional Council Meetings (monthly).
Duties of the Regional Council:
- To make recommendations to the Executive;
- To meet a least eight (8) times per school year;
- To call additional Regional Council Meetings at the request of a majority of Regional Councillors.
A Regional Councillor for each vacant TDSB Ward will be chosen by the ETT Executive. Term of office is two years.
The application form must be completed by no later than Thursday, October 6, 2016, 4:00 p.m.
Applicants will receive an email acknowledging receipt of their Application Form, provided they submit a valid email address.
Please be advised that applicants must be employed within the Ward in which they are applying.
Applicants will be notified of their success after the ETT Executive meeting on Friday, October 7, 2016.