The ETT Arts Committee was established to support arts and cultural activities in schools and in the broader community through programming and communications. Since 2012, the Arts Committee has been promoting teachers of the arts, art appreciation among members and member engagement in various art related activities.
This award has been established to recognize excellence in art education among the ETT members within our local. By recognizing artistic excellence, the Arts Committee invites positive professional attention and increased public awareness of quality art education, exemplary art educators and the importance of art education in our board.
ETT members may submit one or more nominations for the award for an ETT member who meets the selection criteria and who is actively teaching in the year of their nomination to the ETT Arts Committee.
All nominees will receive an ETT Arts Committee “Be at the HeART of it” Certificate of Recognition and Appreciation to honour their efforts.
ETT Arts will select one recipient who will be given a sum of $150.00 and two tickets to the ETT Annual Dinner where the recipient will be recognized.
Excellence in art education is seen in an educator or teacher who creates a culture supportive of art education in their school and community in some of the following ways:
- Provides multiple opportunities for artistic expression and learning across the curriculum.
- Advocates, shows passion for, and encourages the pursuit of the arts (Dance, Drama, Music, Visual) in education in innovative ways.
- Introduces new artistic material, techniques, experiences and ideas to learners, thereby enriching their knowledge of the world around them.
- Brings their learners together with professional artists to work collaboratively.
- Seek opportunities for students to perform or display their creativity for their peers, families or communities.
Submission of Applications
Nominations and supporting documentation are submitted to the ETT Arts Committee who will review each application.
Applications must be received no later than 4:00 pm Wednesday, May 9, 2018. Please send application forms to the attention of:
Nigel Barriffe, Art Committee Liaison
4211 Yonge Street, Route NE14
Or fax: 416.393.9929